Saturday, March 03, 2007

Wikipedia, HDR Photos

I love Wikipedia. Such a fountain of useless trivia has never existed elsewhere in the universe; that I can guarantee you. Today, I learned that the version of rook (the card game) my family plays is known as Martin-Lawson Rook, and it is popular in areas of Eastern Kentucky, Southwest Virginia and Tennessee, and among Mennonite circles especially Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

I'm glad someone has taken the time to classify and look up the origins of each variant of rook, and classify their geographical locations. The article on Rook, the card game, is over 2800 words. That's nearly as long as my longest term paper so far (clocking in at 12 pages and 3700 words).

I also played around with HDR photography today. My results are... well, obvoiusly quite young.


Spring break started today. Time for job applications to start flowing like a cresting river. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment