Sunday, November 15, 2009

My new kitten, Rory

I have adopted a wonderful stray kitten named Rorschach (after the psychologist, not the Watchmen character); she prefers Rory. As some of you know, Amanda and Brian (my roommates) foster kittens through a rescue organization, the 13th Street Cats. Basically, this involves getting kittens that are trapped or found when they are very young, nursing them, feeding them, getting them fixed, and then finding a home for them (right now we have Macy). I've been on the lookout for a cat to adopt permanently for some time.

I thought that cat would come through our fostering efforts, but Rory found me. One night while I was watching TV with the windows open, I heard a pitiful meowing sound from outside the window. When I went out, this poor emaciated cat was waiting on the porch. After feeding her some treats, she was very friendly, and started rubbing up against me immediately. We took her inside, got her to a healthy weight, and got her fixed. She was a fantastic personality -- both a lapcat and an incredible player/jumper.

I've taken some pictures and shared them on my picasaweb.

No comments:

Post a Comment